As of this writing, I had found a Grune the Detroyer (a moderately obscure villain from the Thundercats cartoon, but one *I* think is really cool) action figure at an antique mall for $6. For a collector nerd like me, I was in full blown "Yippee!"
Grune was in pretty rough shape, though. A lot of the paint had worn off and he was sort of grungy/cruddy in some places. This led to my decision to clean him up, touch up his paint, and even add some artistic interpretation of my own. I will give just a brief rundown of the changes and updates I made for anyone that might be interested, but I sort of hope the picture speaks for itself.
- Filled in the blank spots of his silver armour on front and back.
- Filled in the blanks spots of his black gloves and shoulder gear.
- Freshened up the red on his leg plates.
- Freshened up black and silver on boots.
- I updated his helm with some silver on the studded areas.
- I sort of blanked/whited out his eyes for a sort of ethereal appearance.
- I frosted and variates streaks in his hair to give the appearance of age.