Friday, November 30, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
The selection will be made on or around December 1st, 2012 with the highest vote gainer being the "theme" for the room. Will YOUR favourite win? THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT, WEAKLING! VOTE NOW!!!
Posted by Dirty Hairy at 5:52 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
As of this writing, I had found a Grune the Detroyer (a moderately obscure villain from the Thundercats cartoon, but one *I* think is really cool) action figure at an antique mall for $6. For a collector nerd like me, I was in full blown "Yippee!"
Grune was in pretty rough shape, though. A lot of the paint had worn off and he was sort of grungy/cruddy in some places. This led to my decision to clean him up, touch up his paint, and even add some artistic interpretation of my own. I will give just a brief rundown of the changes and updates I made for anyone that might be interested, but I sort of hope the picture speaks for itself.
- Filled in the blank spots of his silver armour on front and back.
- Filled in the blanks spots of his black gloves and shoulder gear.
- Freshened up the red on his leg plates.
- Freshened up black and silver on boots.
- I updated his helm with some silver on the studded areas.
- I sort of blanked/whited out his eyes for a sort of ethereal appearance.
- I frosted and variates streaks in his hair to give the appearance of age.
Posted by Dirty Hairy at 2:45 PM